Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

I Run Because I Can

Yesterday I completed my second half marathon, and I have to say, it feels so good to say that. Nothing compares to the feeling that you have when you cross the finish line after pounding the pavement for 13.1 miles. Joy, pain, excitement, and most of all accomplishment.

I ran the More/Fitness Women's Half Marathon for the second year in a row (the largest women's half marathon in the country!) and am so proud of myself for finishing, yet again. I didn't train nearly as hard I did last year, but I made it through alive and still pumping! The course is through Central Park, and anyone who is familiar with it, will know that the hills are killer. A+ for me and everyone who ran yesterday morning! My body completely hates me today, as a consequence. Buuuut I'm treating myself to a massage later at Bliss...can't beat that!!

Congrats to all the amazing women out there who finished yesterday. Whether it was your first, or your 20th race, you rock! So proud to have taken part in this amazing event. Until next year...

Here are some insta pics from yesterday. What a perfect day for a run in the park:
-gorgeous day in central park-

- race # 3348-
-after race meal at carnegie deli...best meal ever!-

-figured i deserved to by myself some pretty accomplishment flowers-

No comments:

Post a Comment