Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love that we dedicate a whole day to stuffing ourselves with turkey, but more importantly, reflecting on our lives and being thankful for all that we have. I'm thankful for my amazing family, who always loves and supports me; for my friends who always make me smile and laugh; for my boyfriend who I love dearly; for having a roof over my head, and warm bed at night, especially after all that happened a few weeks ago with Hurricane Sandy; for my amazing job, that allows me to do what I love, and live the dream that I've always dreamt; and of course, for my pup, who I know will always love me know matter what! I'm also thankful for finding these delicious pumpkin pie cupcakes on Pinterest...they were a real hit on our dessert table!











Ingredients:
24 Nilla Wafers
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup applesauce
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup brown sugar
15 oz. pumpkin puree (small can)
2 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 350* and line cupcake tins with wrappers. Place a Nilla Wafer in each cup.

2. Combine eggs, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir in sugars. Add pumpkin puree.

3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add this mixture to the other mixture and stir until combined.

4. Fill tins and bake for 17-25 minutes. 

5. When cake is cool, add whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment