Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Check List


Every summer, I make a mental check list of things I want to do, places I want to discover, and foods that I want to eat/make. But for some reason, the season flies by and only a small amount of my list gets accomplished. This summer, that is going to change.

At breakfast a few weeks ago, my boyfriend Nick came up with a genius idea...to actually write down a list of the things we want to do, so that we can actually cross off items on our list. Now why didn't I think of that?! We've been adding things as they come to us and our list is pretty long...fingers crossed that we can make it all happen!
  • Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty- We live so close, but haven't been since elementary school!
  • Grounds for Sculpture- Apparently this sculpture park in South Jersey is pretty neat and Nick has been dying to take me!
  • Vineyards- There are so many within driving distance from us...we def don't take advantage of them enough!
  • Boston/Rhode Island trip- BOOKED! We're going at the end of July for a long weekend to visit my friends from college and my family!
  • Mystic Aquarium- To see the beluga whales and penguins. Not sure if this will be a day trip or an overnighter.
  • Central Park Zoo- I've lived here all my life and I've never been. Go figure!
  • Philadelphia Day Trip- So many fun places to go in Philly...and of course cheesesteaks at Jims!
  • Atlantic City- I'm a Jersey girl who has never experienced this crazy place. 
  • Learn to play golf- I will learn how to play golf this summer...if I don't I think Nick might disown me.
  • The Golf Club at Chelsea Piers- This goes hand in hand with the task above...hopefully I can master my swing.
  • Somerset Patriots Baseball Game- Nick worked with the team a few summer's ago, and since they play so close to where we live, we figured we'd head over for some good, old-fashioned baseball.
  • Drive-In Movie- Found out about a place in North Jersey that does double features.
  • Jersey Shore Boardwalk- Saltwater taffy, fresh homemade fudge, and Kohr's ice cream are all summer memories of mine and the summer wouldn't be complete without a trip to the boardwalk.

Suggestions of places to go and things to do are welcome...we love adding things to our list! Now if only summer would last forever...

1 comment:

  1. visiting the Bischoffs! lol
    we are totally going to be squatters on the trip to the statue of liberty
    and grounds for sculpture is 5 minutes from our house!

    ReplyDelete