Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

#WERUNDC

I mentioned in Friday's post that I was heading down to Washington, DC to run in the Nike Women's Half Marathon. It was the first time they were holding the race down there, and the entire weekend was filled with lots of fun activities and events. Since I was there as part of the media team, I got to experience all the amazing things first hand, and got to spend some time with other awesome editors and bloggers. We took DC by storm, and really got to see all that the city has to offer. I totally recommend taking a weekend trip down to the nation's capitol if you ever have a chance. The food is amazing (Founding Farmer's, Old Ebbitt Grill, and The Occidental are my restaurant recs!), the sites are gorgeous, and it's such an active city--so many people were out riding bikes, jogging, playing soccer and volleyball, and of course, running half marathons :).

Naturally, I documented my weekend through photos. Here's a visual diary for you:
-race course & number-

-ran two half marathons in two weeks and felt awesome!-

-hanging out at the reflecting pool-

-cross the finish line and get a little blue box? sure, why not!-

-my dad met me down in dc to cheer me on at the race!-

-coolest.kicks.ever. and they're mine-

-met and ran alongside the lovely and talented ellie goulding!-

No comments:

Post a Comment